April 6, 2013

Aiken Stories

Aiken has been in Heaven for 3 1/2 months now. I have stopped crying (as a non-cryer, the crying has traumatized my children), but not a day goes by that I don't think of Aiken. I often smile when I think of him and remember the good times.  He was an ornery dog, but a sweet dog.

Yet, on my way to school a couple of days ago, I was by myself (the kids wanted to sleep in a little bit longer) and glanced at the bike path that I was paralleling. I could sense Aiken next to me on the bike path and while a smile came to my face, so did the tears.  I miss him. A lot.

So does Calle (our other lab).

Every day that we go on a walk, she runs off to the same location and "visits" Aiken at the place that we buried his ashes.  Kind of interesting.  

Luckily for all of us--especially Calle and I, his ashes are buried in the seasonal stream that runs behind our soon-to-be-home.  

 Nothing like getting emotionally attached to a lot!


1 comments:

eloiza said...

Beautiful and touching story Suzanne!