February 4, 2013

Roots


Last Thursday, Patrick and the boys drove to Oregon for Uncle Steve's memorial service.  Elise had her big outdoor trip (pictures coming soon), so we had to fly into Portland on Saturday (with puppy Jack).
The weather was so nice--warm for us-- and there was no snow on the ground. It was refreshing.
 I missed my boys so much!  
Before picking us up at the airport, a mandatory stop at Voodoo Doughnut was in order.  Worth it!

I love their faces...looks like they have never had a doughnut before!
 While the boys were eating their doughnuts, Elise, Jack and I were on the plane.  This is how my daughter travels.  She loved pouring over the Bride magazine and I have to admit that I loved it too.  Her tired eyes are an indiction of the big week she had!

 Reunited in the car!  



 13 years ago, Patrick purposed to me at Multnomah Falls, Oregon.  Even though we had taken the kids there before, it had been awhile and I wanted to relive it with family.
 What would I do without this wonderful family of mine?  They are mine!


 You can tell we really enjoyed our short hike up the water falls.  We ran, we laughed, we played.  The waterfall was so powerful, that we were getting wet.  So fun!  
 Later that day, we drove to Walla Walla, WA to meet up with Patrick's family.  Thank you Bob and Jane for housing all of us!  The cousins all enjoyed playing together for our short visit.

Little Garret was just precious with Jack!

 Building a bridge/house for Jack.
I had forgotten how much I enjoy OR...might plan another trip there soon!

0 comments: