January 14, 2013

Keep moving

Get your long johns!

It has been bitterly cold here the last 3 days. Colder than I have ever, ever experienced.

This was the temp on our way to school this morning.
Your eyes aren't getting old, that really does say negative 15.  What!!!

 Yet, the cold weather has brought some positives (something about the glass half full):

A heard of elk and a couple of deer have been camping in our backyard every night for 3 nights in a row.  As I take our puppies out to go pee in the wee hours of the night, they just stare at me.  Just me, my dogs and a dozen elk.  It's quite humbling.
Benefit #2?  The ski mountain is quite empty. Only locos like us are on it.  

Patrick and I get micro dates on the mountain while the kids race off in front of me and Patrick and I get a few moments to chat and glow (and take photos of each other).


0 comments: