October 16, 2012

Best of all, he loved the fall

Every year, I'm shocked and awed by the beauty of our fall.  Every turn of the head brings new beauty.
    
Therefore, I had to take my familia on a fall hike.  For a long time, I have wanted to hike up to Pioneer Cabin.  Given the fact that it is 10 miles roundtrip and an elevation gain of 3000 feet, I don't think our little family is quite ready for it.

YET, we practiced today.  You have to start somewhere.  
 Hiking with our kids is quite entertaining. 

 We sort of got lost/confused, so Patrick gave a little map reading 101 lesson.  Thank goodness he has the map skills that I'm apparently lacking.  
 Our trusty hiking campion (with a long tongue).  Her partner in crime, Aiken, is too old so he gets to guard the house. 





 Nature is their favorite playground. 
 Yellows, golds and reds.  Ahhhh.....
 One more fall picture so I don't forget this moment. 

1 comments:

eloiza said...

Gorgeous fall pictures! I am jealous!