September 9, 2012

For us

I'm still getting use to our school routine, plus am enjoying the September weather way too much, plus, I don't have much to "journal" about these days.

Yesterday, Patrick asked me why I hadn't blogged all week. It warmed my heart to know that he cared (and that he reads the blog).  

So, this one's for you babe!

Living in a ski resort town has many, many perks.  We tend to take advantage of those perks, especially when all the tourists are around.  Yet, September is calm tourist season (slack, as we call it).  It's just the locals in town.  

Last night, we went to Battle of the Blades. Think Dancing with the Stars, but on ice.  We have former Olympians and World Champs (who all now live here) teaching local "celebrities" how to skate and they put on a BIG performance. That is all caps since the event was sold out and jammed back.  

It was for the locals, put on by the locals and only the locals would get it.  It felt great and made me love my community even more.  

I know all of you are dying to know what the Buchanans wore to such a fun event, so I will give you a little peak (plus, it's my chance to show off some cute faces).
 Me:  Sequin top and my Toms Wedge shoes. 
 Elise:  a Christmas dress, my scarf, her peacoat and sunglasses.  She gets the creativity award.
 Braden:  "skater" clothes and our $5 cup o' candy
Mr. Will:  Pajamas.  He gets the smart thinking award since he fell asleep towards the end of the performance.


2 comments:

Daniella said...

Awww, I love that Pat asked about your blog!
That sounds like such a fun community event! Glad you all had fun. Thanks for the "What we wore" recap. love the outfits- all of them so different!

Heath {aka} Mom, Mama, Pea, or Heathdogg {that one just stuck} said...

You are so funny :)