May 7, 2012

I wasn't ready for this

I have always given Elise the option of getting her ears pierced.  Part of me, kept it so open since I knew that my pain fearing daughter wouldn't want to go through with it.

Yet, this past week, she decided it was her time. She told her teachers, her friends and everyone she met.  Patrick and I still had our doubts about her going through with it, but we played along.

On our way home from Jackson Hole, we stopped at the Idaho Falls Mall and took our daughter to get her ears pierced.

I still didn't think she would do it and was secretly hoping she wouldn't.  My heart was pounding with anxiety as she sat on my lap.  I wasn't ready for my only daughter to have pierced ears and enter the world of Claire's.  I didn't want her to grow up while she sat on my lap.

But, she was ready and she was proud and that is all that mattered.

The pep talk...
The earrings...
The self Portrait (notice her BIG ears with sparkly things on them):

4 comments:

Daniella said...

Oh my goodness! Yay Elise!! You look so cute in your new earrings! And I love, love your self portrait- too cute!

eloiza said...

She looks so adorable and what a big girl! You didn't tell me about this on the phone.
Tell Elise I can't wait to see her earrings at the end of the month!

Becky K. said...

Oh my gosh! What a big girl. I can't believe she did it. She looks very beautiful ;)

Heath {aka} Mom, Mama, Pea, or Heathdogg {that one just stuck} said...

How exciting!!! Way to be brave!