February 18, 2012

Who I am


When Patrick and I got married 11 years ago, we bought a queen size bed. I vowed to  never get a king bed since I wanted to be able to feel Patrick next to me while I'm sleeping. So simple and so romantic.  

Fast forward to present day and it is rare that Patrick and I are alone in bed ---something about the kids and/or pets.  One night, I declared that in the near future I wanted a king size bed so we could all sleep cozy once again.  As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I remembered my vow 11 years ago and promised to stick with my simple, innocent, old way of thinking. 

When I was a little girl, I just wanted to get married and be a mom.  When I had Braden at the age of 26, I remember thinking that my two major goals of life had been accomplished and I was proud.  So simple and romantic.  

Fast forward to present day and life has happened at a rapid pace. Yet, when faced with some decisions lately, I am trying to remember my simple, innocent, clear expectations that I had as a little girl.  That untarnished, "live in the moment" little girl obviously knew back then what would made me the most happy. 

My family is what defines me.

1 comments:

Daniella said...

You are right! We tend to complain or want to change the things we chose (or want most in our life)! We have had a revolving number of guests in our bed too lately!