August 2, 2011

Lessons learned

(love Mr. Will's big chocolate eyes)

Lessons learned since Braden left for Arizona yesterday:

1.  I really, truly love being a mom. My family is my everything and I am not complete without them.  Ever since I was a little girl, I couldn't wait to be a mom and that is what I wanted to be when I grew up, besides a pianist.  

2.  In the grand scheme of life, I only have my children at home for a short time.  I mean, in 10 years, the kids aren't going to want to hang out with me all the time and will almost be on their own. That will be 10 very short years.  So, during this short time, I won't stress if I haven't perfected my cooking or haven't been to the gym in months, my focus is on my family now.  When I'm in my 40s (Jennifer Aniston is in her 40s and is still living large!), then I can take lavish vacations with Patrick and go to daily yoga classes after my gourmet dinner.

Now, on to conquering today with Elise and Mr. Will.  That would mean back to school shopping for us!

(Please note:  these are just MY thoughts about MY family and I don't expect everyone to agree.  Do what is best for YOU and for YOUR family.)

2 comments:

eloiza said...

Don't worry about Braden! He is having a great time already at Camp Bobo's and Ronnie's. We'll take good care of him for you!

Daniella said...

What a wonderful way to look at parenting and you are right! Let's live closer so I can join you on the fun parenting days AND the yoga/dinner outings some day! :)