June 15, 2011

Winner, Winner!

When I hear the word "contest", it's like a bag of M & M's for me. I have to jump in immediately.  

Lately, my luck hasn't been too great, but today, things have changed!  

A few weeks ago, an old high school buddy, Mark Mabry---known in many circles as the photographer for Reflections of Christ--hosted a contest for pictures of soldiers.  I submitted this photo of Baby Braden and Patrick after Patrick's 2nd time home from Iraq. Braden hadn't seen his daddy in 9 months and wasn't sure who this strange man was.

 I can't really say that I won since out of the kindness of Marks' heart (he was always a really nice guy!), he gave a free canvas portrait of this picture (or one similar to it) to everyone who submitted a picture:

Thanks Mark!!!

Happy Father's Day Patrick.  This is going to look so nice in our home office!

2 comments:

eloiza said...

I am so glad for you and for Pat. Still LOVE the picture of Pat holding Braden! Enjoy the picture and Happy Father's Day Pat!

Daniella said...

Yay! Congrats! I love contests too!!