May 10, 2011

Definitely a favorite!

After a whirlwind trip to Boston, I am home!

I feel so incredibly blessed that the school sent me to the best educational workshops that I have ever attended.  It was a Reggio educational philosophy workshop at Lesley University.  Holy moly!  I have been deeply inspired.

While not attending classes, my co-teacher and I filled our day to the max with Boston fun in a short 2 1/2 days.

We left our hotel at 4:45 am and didn't arrive in Boston until 17 hours later.  That will explain our tired faces!


 I could have spent weeks looking at all of the beautiful homes.  White picket fences, gorgeous flowers, all homes totally unique.  
 A rainy shot of Harvard.  Thanks to my co-teacher's nephew, we even got to check out the Harvard dorms.  Dirty, but oh so cool and historic!
 The smell of spring was definitely strong in Boston. Loved it!
 Once you let this mama loose, the shopping bug hits hard. What do you think about my new yellow shoes?  Gotta love color!
 Then there was the Vera Wang store.  HEAVEN!  
 Found my ultimate wedding dress. It was love at first sight.
 Since we are still waiting for spring in Idaho, it was so pleasant to see all the flowers in full bloom. So refreshing.
 Katharine and I at the Boston Gardens.
 Wow!  Boston and the surrounding areas are so full of history.  It amazed me and intrigued me at every corner.  From famous classical authors, to battlegrounds, to rich educational institutes. This place is amazing.
 The Little Woman home where all of the story took place. It looks rather newish on the outside, but it was actually built in the 1600s.  I just had to buy the kids the book and we will be reading it as soon as we are done with Little House on the Prairie.  Next time, the kids and Patrick MUST come with me to Boston!!
 I loved the words on this marker.  This is the place where the Minutemen (the Colonists) met up with the British Army for the first time and the Revolutionary War began.   Besides spending weeks looking at all the homes, I could have spent several more weeks picking up on my history lessons.

Boston is now on my list of top 5 places that I want to live.  I will be back!

1 comments:

eloiza said...

Boston does sound so much fun to visit! I'll have to make a note of everything for my trip next month!
Beautiful pictures also!