March 18, 2011

Thoughts from the garden

*The kids volunteering at the Hunger Coalition Garden (last summer--I could only wish all the snow was melted by now).*

I like to have projects and plan things.  I have had this idea in my head for quite awhile now and finally got the courage to verbalize my idea.  AND, our super nice developer liked my idea.  Oh boy!!  The wheels are turning now.  Yet, the pressure is also on to make my idea super duper.

A community garden.

That is what I would like to help plan and create in my neighborhood.  I think it is possible, especially given the semi-green light, but I need suggestions, advice and opinions.

Anyone familiar with community gardens?


1 comments:

Daniella said...

What an amazing idea!!!!! I hope it gets approved. I don't have any experience with one but I know the City of Chandler has one that is popular. Good luck!