March 24, 2011

Sweet smell of home

Road Trip!
One day, I want to own a super large (to fit all the kids and our pets) RV and travel all over the US checking out every nook and cranny of our great nation. 

Until that rich time of my life comes, I shall enjoy our road trips down to Arizona.  This time, we made it a journey, not a race. 

First stop:  Dinosaur Museum in Utah

 Mr. Will showing T-Rex what's up.
 Nothing like diggin' in the dirt. 
                                                   Even Patrick had to join in on the fun.

 I have to admit that Utah is mighty beautiful!   I took this picture to hopefully convince my family to move a tad closer to us.

Second stop:  Bryce Canyon

 Beautiful, Beautifu Bryce Canyon

Braden found a crystal!
An early morning hike to get our blood going before we got in the car again.

Third Stop:  Best Friends Pet Sanctuary---Kanab, Utah

This is one pace that I have wanted to visit for a long time.  It's the ideal pet haven on 3700 acress in the beautiful Utah mountains.  They take in rescued animals and have everything from pigs to cats to horses to parrots.


One day, I would like to return this the pet sanctuary and volunteer with our family and spend the rest of our time hiking. NEAT place!

Fourth stop:  Bearizona--Northern Arizona

 We were able to get up close to bears, bison and wolves, oh my!
The highlight was seeing a teeny tiny 2 month old bear cub.  All of our hearts melted!
By this time though, we were done with picture taking and ready to stop driving.

Last stop (for a day):  My parents home  in Prescott, Arizona.

So nice to put up our feet and relax while the kids are having the best time with their grandparents. Did I mention that the trees are blossoming and it is even warm here?  Ahh, home sweet home!

0 comments: