March 8, 2011

Family ties

It's no secret that my kids are somewhat attached to me.  Yes, they love me, but I'm talking physically attached. In public, I can be seen carrying two of them while trying to hold the other one's hand.  Or on the couch during family movie night, they all have to sit by me, or perferably on me.  Flattering or Frustrating? Depends on the situation, but most of the time I think/know it is sweet since this won't last forever. It won't, right? 

Well, my mom recently found this old picture of us and look at me!! I have a FIRM grip on my mom's leg. The picture reminded me why my grandma use to call me "carrapato" (which means "tick" in Portuguese).

I guess the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.  

Check out my sister, notice a STRONG resemblance to my nieces? 


2 comments:

Daniella said...

So true!! You are just like your own kids. What is up with my attitude in this pic? Like I am too cool for it? :)
By the way, I don't remember grandma calling you that!!! Sooo funny! Love her!
Cute post!

eloiza said...

Do you know something? I loved it too! Now I see you as a very independent person.