March 21, 2011

The bedroom

One of my least favorite chores has always been changing the bedsheets. It was such a tedious job and took three times as long as it should have---thanks to three certain children *trying* to help me each step of the way.

As I have gotten older and wiser, this job was become much more enjoyable. Probably since I found a few tricks to make it fun and more beautiful.  

Ah, the joys of making one's bed!

First, I TRY my best to follow Heidi's tip on how to make the perfect bed.  TRY is the key word there.  Even though my bed is nowhere near perfection like hers, it does make me feel a little bed better about my bed making skills.  Or perhaps makes me feel like I'm living up to my high set standards.

Thanks to my mom, I have become addicted to Caldrea Linen and Room Spray.  One or two squirts of this magical potion make our beds smell clean and fresh every time!  I even sprayed it in our car so our car smells nice before our big road trip.  Yum Yum!

Also, I just found this super cute paper balls at a local store and just love the way they look in Elise's room.  Being the only girl, she needs a room fit for a princess, right?!?

Hmmmm....Saturday morning chores have become a lot more fun around here!

3 comments:

Alan Macfarlane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna M said...

oh I need to try that linen spray.

I love Elise's headboard. That thing is gorgeous!

Daniella said...

I should not have looked at Heidi's post- I feel so ashamed of my lackluster bed! :) But inspired too! Maybe you can help me when you get here!