February 25, 2011

Oh Martha

My love affair with Martha is still on.  I even just finished reading a book called Life is too Short to Fold Fitted Sheets  by Lisa Quinn.  Great tips in the book, but the entire time I was reading it I felt like I was cheating on Martha.  So in the end, still Martha wins. 

With that said, I must share this fabulous Banana Bread recipe (from Martha, of course).

I have made this recipe about 5 times this month and it is a huge hit with the entire family.  Maybe it's because I add so many chocolate chips.  It's a super easy recipe and the kids love to help me make it.

1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
3/4 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups flour (I use half white and half wheat flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Lots and lots of chocolate chips


Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and is together.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.  Add to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla.  Mix to combine. Add the chocolate goodness and pour into loaf pan.

Bake at 350 for about 70 minutes.  

Since everyone knows what Banana Bread looks like, I figured I could get away with a picture of my darling Elise instead (and Annie too).


2 comments:

Heath {aka} Mom, Mama, Pea, or Heathdogg {that one just stuck} said...

How did you know my bananas were getting old on the counter?! I'm going to make this today! Thanks! p.s. I LOVE Martha too! Did you see the recipe for zuchini cookies?!

Daniella said...

Yummy- I am sure it was delicious! I will have to try that after we finish the pumpkin bread I just made.