January 8, 2011

The old me

I love being a mom. It is who I am.  It is the most amazing "job" ever created for me.  

I'm one of those people who becomes consumed by something I enjoy.  So, mommyhood has consumed me and I'm happy with that.  

Yet, on Friday night, I went to Boise to finish up a few things for the pageant and some serious girl time.

For those 24 hour hours, I became the lady who went to coffee with friends (and laughed so hard and so loud), the lady who did lunch with friends, the lady who took a self defense class and the lady who had a night out with friends (night out, meaning at someone else's house).

Yes, I  was the ultimate socialite and couldn't stop smiling the entire time. I was my old self.  For those 24 hours, I was swiftly taken back to my life pre-kids and it felt g-r-e-a-t.  I felt as if a light went off inside of me and I was just glowing.  I was reawakened.  

Then, I drove the long quite drive home while singing songs at the top of my lungs. 

As soon as I pulled into the drive, three little bodies ran out to greet me with squeals of delight and open arms.  I was then taken back to present life as a wife and mother of 3 young ones.

"Mom, you took a long time. I really missed you"---were the first words out of Mr. Will's mouth.  

You know what bud, as much fun as I had and how grateful I am to tap into my old self, mommyhood is my new self and I love it even more (yet, mommy still had a lot of fun in Boise!!).  

Some of the Beauuuuuutiful ladies that are competing with me in the Mrs. Idaho America pageant. I apparently didn't get the memo to wear gray or black.

                                       

2 comments:

Daniella said...

SO SO glad you had fun and got to re-energize a but! Love the picture with all the pageant poses- I have been practicing mine. :)

Heath {aka} Mom, Mama, Pea, or Heathdogg {that one just stuck} said...

I'm glad you had fun too!!! You have to do that every once in awhile, it's good for the soul! The countdown is on...our tickets are purchased and Gavin has been mapping out the drive over to cheer you on!