January 28, 2011

The island

Image from the island:
A little background story to how this little guy ended up in such a cool spot while the rest of the family is still knee deep in snow...

Since Patrick is a rockin' stud, he won a trip for 2 to Maui through State Farm.  This sounded like a dream come true for this Hawaii-loving, ocean dreaming (literally) mama.  Yet, too many conflicts arose (primarily, bering a mama and being a preschool teacher), so I sadly had to pass on the trip, the time away with my hubby, the reading on the beach, the fresh fruit....well, you get the point.

Yet,  if I can't go, then might as well send my own flesh and blood!  You know you are a mom when you are just as EXCITED for your son to go to Hawaii as if you were the one going.  I have been so happy for him and this grand experience.  As much as I would have loved to go, I really am happier that Braden got to go with Patrick.  What a sweet treat for our good son!

Aloha Patrick and Braden!  Don't forget to spot some whales and eat some pineapple for me!!


2 comments:

eloiza said...

I am so happy for both of them. Hope that Pat will win another trip to HI. I'll go to your house and take care of the kids so you can go with him!

Daniella said...

Can't wait to hear all about it from Braden! What a fun daddy/son trip!!