October 6, 2010

How was your day?

I am going to make this a long post since I'm in the dramatic mood and it has been a long day.  Bare with me.

After school today, I had a meeting at the school.  My kids were able to play with some of their friends and were watched over by one of the other teachers who was also one of our friends.

About 30 minutes into my meeting, my phone started ringing like crazy.  I didn't want to seem unprofessional in front of the lead teacher, so I didn't answer it.   Then, the lead teacher's phone started to ring.  It was then that I knew that I was needed as a mommy.

We were told that my son fell down and needed a hug.  I ran over to Will as soon as possible, but found him just fine (he didn't see me which was good because that would have opened up a can of worms).  Finding the situation a little odd, I went back to my meeting.

Less than 5 minutes later, another one of the teachers came running in telling me that it wasn't Will that needed me, it was Braden.  Since the school knows Braden very well, my lead teacher (who is fabulous) knew that that wasn't a good sign.

I ran over to the playground to give Braden a reassuring hug and perhaps a band-aid, but from the look on his face, I could tell that he was in pain.  I brought him over to my meeting and placed a bunch of Magic Tree House books in front of him.  He let me finish my meeting (thanks son!), but whimpered every once in a while.

My mommy instincts told me to take him to the ER, so I called Patrick and told him to meet me there so he could stay with the other two munchkins.

Thank goodness for a small town and friendly people!  1 1/2 hours later (and 7 chapters of The Magic Tree House), Braden and I walked out of the hospital and Braden gained a new fashion accessory.
They can't tell if it's broken, so for now, he has to wear a soft cast and a sling and he will be back on Friday to pay a visit to the orthopedic.  



2 comments:

eloiza said...

Poor boy!Is he still in pain? We hope that he didn't break his arm, so we can ride bikes with him. We love you Braden!

Daniella said...

Poor Braden! He looks so sad or embarassed in that shot. Hope he feels better soon.